Friday 17 January 2014

Birthday Girl

Thursday was my birthday  .
I have had an amazing and very happy three days .
 lots of cards and many beautiful presents .
 
My family had wanted me to have a big family party , I declined because I am not a party girl    . Then a holiday in the sunshine was suggested . I declined again . I love sunshine holidays but you have to come back down to earth afterwards , back to the cold and the rain .
 
I chose to stay home and  I still had a wonderful time . I went out for dinner twice . To the cinema , we saw the film , A Slave for Twelve Years . A brilliant film but very soul searching .
 
I received many wonderful gifts from friends and family .
Back down to earth now.

7 comments:

margaret said...

Happy birthday wishes from me, can see you had lots of lovely gifts and a good time too. That are what birthdays are for to do what you want and not what others want you to do!

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Glad you have had some nice presents and have enjoyed some treats.

Take care.

Trudie said...

Happy Belated Birthday - it sounds like you had a lovely day xxx

Sandies' Patch said...

Belated birthday greetings!
Glad you had some lovely presents too.

crafty cat corner said...

Belated Birthday Greetings.
You sound like us, we don't like fuss. Our ticket for tea at the Grand really wasn't our type of thing even though the kids thought we'd love it.
I haven't seen that film yet but yesterday we watched Captain Phillips and really enjoyed it. Tom Hanks is brilliant.
Have a good weekend.
Briony
x

Lynne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. And a very Happy Birthday to you! I am now following your blog and will spend some time looking back at your posts. (Can I just say it is so nice to be able to address a blogger by name?) So will be popping back for more. And what brill presents! I love the look of your World as it Should Be I've seen it around but haven't got it. Lx

Barb Oaker said...

Happy belated birthday! Isn't it grand to be able to say no and still have a great time! Barb