Thursday 18 August 2011

RUBY,RUBY



A good set on my crab apple jelly, clear as a bell . I have just give it a wiggle and it's gelling nicely


I like to cap my preserves when they are cold , and then the pinked circles of check fabric go on top of the lids .


There will be a jar for a neighbour who brings me all kind of goodies . These people only moved in feb,. just gone but are very giving and sharing .


A jar for a neighbour who is well in his eighties , he brings me tomatoes and lots of blackberries . Last year I told him how to make blackberry vinegar . He told me he had no colds or sore throat last winter .


Of course there will be a supply for bluebell


Now for the crunch!! the jelly is free but there is a £30 deposit on the jar .


Now this fellow , I don't think it is the same one as yesterday , It's a different shape . I almost put my foot on it . I tried to avert a squashed frog , wobbled and nearly fell over but all was safe . he jumped out of the way . Mmmm might have had frog legs for supper .




7 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Doesn't that look super!

MyCretanlife said...

The crabapple jelly looks nice and it has a good colour. As for the frogs legs for supper, they don't look very large let him grow them for a bit longer.

Pokey said...

It has the most beautiful color! Good work ~
:-}pokey

Cass @ That Old House said...

That jelly looks wonderful -- what a color! And so clear, too.
Mmmm.....
Cass

Scrappy quilter said...

That jelly looks wonderful and I agree with Cass, the color!! Hugs

cottonreel said...

Thank you everyone , First time I've had my own tree and it has served me well .
As soon as I can go shopping it is more sugar for apple & blackberry jelly .

Jo said...

Your jelly looks lovely. Please tell us more about blackberry vinegar - I am a martyr to sore throats in the winter.