Tuesday 14 September 2010

Well matured

For my tea yesterday I opened a jar of chutney I made last summer , it was so delicious I could have eat it with a spoon out of a sundae dish .
Yesterday I was able to buy 4 sweetcorn for a £1 so now I,m going to make sweetcorn chutney , I don,t have a recipe , I find making chutney is using what you have , this is how I will go about it .
3 sweetcorn cobs
1 eating apple
1 large bramley
a small marrow
a large onion
4 cloves garlic
mustard
white vinegar
white sugar
a small amount of celery
some grated fresh ginger

Boil it all together until softened and thick , put it into jars when cold , stash it away until christmas.

3 comments:

cottonreel said...

I find I have 1 yellow pepper and 1 green they will go in too---cottonreel

Angela said...

I've not made sweetcorn chutney- but was given some apples at the weekend. I may look out for some inexpensive corn cobs and try this.
Blessings!

Micki said...

I will have to try this one...thanks so much!
Micki