Friday 4 September 2009

I saved alife

I went for a stroll in my garden and saw this bee floating in a bucket of rain water, he was barely moving . I fished it out with a piece of broken plant pot and laid it on the warm pebbles . It was quite still , I sat watching it for a while ,then suddenly it moved,then crawled a few steps , I think it was just basking in the warm sunshine. It then fascinated me by drying itself by bringing its legs or arms over its body, then under its body . By the time I got my camera it was almost dry and quite fluffy again . After about 15 mins it suddenly flew away . I must have been mean,t to walk in the garden at that time to rescue this little creature. It made me feel quite happy to have saved its life.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

That is so sweet. Bees definitely need saving especially with all that's going on with them. Hugs..

Piece by Piece said...

You did your good deed for the day. Patricia

Beedeebabee said...

That's so sweet! I'm always saving bugs too! I feel sorry for everything! Hugs, Paulette :o)